We are pleased to confirm that selected GIS layers from the Exmoor National Park HER data are also now available via the Know Your Place website, a digital heritage mapping resource to help you to explore your neighbourhood online through historic maps, collections and linked information. You can view Exmoor's data through the separate Devon and Somerset map collections. The layers available are as below:
- Monument data (curated by Exmoor National Park HER);
- Event data (curated by Exmoor National Park HER);
- Scheduled Monument data (curated by Historic England);
- Listed Building data (curated by Historic England);
- Registered Parks and Gardens data (curated by Historic England);
- Conservation Areas data (curated by Exmoor National Park);
- Principal Archaeological Landscapes data (curated by Exmoor National Park HER).
All data is provided for non-commercial use. General user and Copyright information for Exmoor HER data can be viewed by visiting the Caveat page. Designation data (Scheduled Monuments, Listed Buildings and Registered Parks and Gardens) is derived from Historic England; up to date information may be viewed on the National Heritage List for England website. Information on Conservation Areas should be obtained from Exmoor National Park Authority - follow the link to view their planning pages on Conservation Areas.
Functionality has been included to support our upcoming Local Heritage List Project, but no sites have currently been designated.